Setting up and viewing two email accounts in Windows Mail

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi all,

Just have this delimma, i have created two email accounts from a ISP and i want to view them both.

I have read that while you could do this setup in previous versions of Outlook their does not seem to be a way to do it with Windows Mail.

An example would be better i think:

Email 1. joebloggs@eircom.net

Email 2. joanbloggs@eircom.net

My understanding is, you can create these two or more email accounts within Windows Mail however only one of them is the "Default"

Email 1. joebloggs@eircom.net (Default)
Email 2. joanbloggs@eircom.net

So you open Windows Mail program and click on the Send/Recieve button. Now from what i can see it pulls down any emails from the server of the default account first and then the second account. Correct me if im wrong.

That would mean that you have a number of emails in your inbox from both accounts.

Now the only way i can separate these emails is by creating message rules and creating two folders like this:
joebloggsFolder
joanbloggsFolder

under the inbox folder.

Ok, so basically what i am trying to accomplish is how if this is possible of course is:
joeblogg
Inbox
Outbox
Sent items etc...........

joanblogg
Inbox
Outbox
Sent items etc.............

Sorry for the long winded version

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Eamonn :D
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Windows Mail might not be able to do it. I haven't seen a way to configure it but I haven't looked too hard for it either since we use Outlook. What about Mozilla Thunderbird? It should be able to do what you are wanting; and it's free.
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Hi RTmarc,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes i think you could be right with regards to Windows Mail.

Regards

Eamonn :D
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University