Options

Sim practice

MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
Are there any legitimate sites or materials that offer labs that would give you the practice you would need to handle the sims that are on the 801 exam?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you go through the labs that come with the Boson Simulator and learn the material, then the SIMs on the CCNA Exam should be trivial.

If you work hands-on (Boson Simulator, real hardware, Dynamips/Dynagen) while reading any of the recommended books -- and learn the material -- the SIMs on the exam are trivial.

Any topic in the CCNA Exam Blueprint that has Configure, Implement, Customize, Manage, Perform, or Troubleshoot is something you should have learned while studying (and practiced) and should be prepared to demonstrate in a possible SIM on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    mikej412 wrote:
    If you go through the labs that come with the Boson Simulator and learn the material, then the SIMs on the CCNA Exam should be trivial.

If you work hands-on (Boson Simulator, real hardware, Dynamips/Dynagen) while reading any of the recommended books -- and learn the material -- the SIMs on the exam are trivial.

Any topic in the CCNA Exam Blueprint that has Configure, Implement, Customize, Manage, Perform, or Troubleshoot is something you should have learned while studying (and practiced) and should be prepared to demonstrate in a possible SIM on the exam.

Thanks, I've used Boson and Dynamips, nothing I setup in their labs prepared me for one sim I got on the exam, was totally lost. Are there any pre-configured labs you can get which would ask for the same things you would get on the exam sims?
  • Options
    Mikdilly wrote:
    Are there any pre-configured labs you can get which would ask for the same things you would get on the exam sims?
    If there were -- they would violate the Cisco NDA and be cheating. icon_eek.gif

If you couldn't do a simple CCNA SIM that just means you didn't learn what you were supposed to... or you haven't figured out how to string together a couple commands to accomplish a task.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I agree with Mike. The sims that I encountered on my exam were trivial at best. The simlet had one pretty tough Q out of 5. The SIMS I encountered would be everyday routines and commands that you would do just by playing around with a homelab. But that doesn't mean that anyone should take the test, as a whole, lightly. It's not simple, but it's not a brainteaser either.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Hum.... here's a good "CCNA Simulation questions" thread that passed "NDA muster"
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25457

And here's a thread about "show commands" and a couple of suggestions for books.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19671

And if you're weak on troubleshooting there's the "CCNA Troubleshooting Tid-bits" thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24283