Options

Elementk

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
Our company has unlimited subscription to ElementK for IT training purposes, my question is has anyone tried this site? and how would you compare it with CBT Nuggets, trainsignal, testout? what is your experience with them, how siginificant it is with your training courses?

Comments

• Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Easy on the bumping. icon_confused.gif

I read your comment, but could only comment on the CBTNuggets I like them. I also found TrainSignal very good. Without being familar on ElementK...I cannot compare those two to theirs.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    The school I'm attending also has a subscription to ElementK. I've run through the CISSP stuff and it's well structured, but very thin in content. Some of the information is so abbreviated (lacking in description) that it's actually incorrect. I like the CBT Nuggets stuff much better. I think it's worth reviewing the ElementK material, but don't use it as your only source for a certification exam.
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    I haven't tried CBT Nuggets but I agree with Murray on Elementk. I studied for my Net+ purely from the Elementk, and well, I failed. So I'm back to the drawing board to cover what I missed.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a basic subscription to element-k, I have not used it much, but I noticed that it has The Microsoft Official Courses for some exams (I'm thinking about going for MCDST by using the courses offered there -- Course 2261 & 2262).