question 10 Re drive space

bvanvalkenburgbvanvalkenburg Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I think this is wrong... because dragging and dropping files to a compressed (zipped) folder actually copies the files...therefore all you've done is use more space.

Brian

Original question follows

You want to reduce the amount of space used on one of your FAT32 drive fast, so you decide to compress a folder named Odata with user data such as Word and Excel docs. When you want to enable compression on the folders properties sheet you notice compression is not available. How can you compress the files with the least amount of administrative effort and still be able to read the files?
a. Convert the drive to NTFS using convert.exe /fs:ntfs to enable NTFS File Compression
b. Convert the drive to NTFS using fs.exe /ntfs to enable NTFS File Compression
c. Create a Compressed Folder inside the Odata folder and drag all the files inside the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder
d. Use NTbackup.exe to create a file backup with maximum compression and delete the original Odata folder

Answer(s): c. Create a Compressed Folder inside the Odata folder and drag all the files inside the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Excellent point!

I should have added the last 6 words of answer D to C as well, which I will do afterall.

Thanks.
  • furblefurble Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I still think the answer is wrong.

the answer is now.

c. Create a Compressed Folder inside the Odata folder and drag all the files inside the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder and delete the original Odata folder

What this says to me is that we have the zip file in the original folder.
    When we delete the original folder it will delete everything in the folder including the zip files.

furble
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think you are right... icon_redface.gif^2

Changed it to:

"Create a new Compressed Folder and drag the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder and delete the original Odata folder"

Thanks!