Options

STP and switching Exercises

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
I am having a had time being able to pick out the Root Bridge and Root ports when given interconnected switch map. I understand that that the bridge with the lowest priority and/or MAC becomes the Root Bridge and all ports are designated forwarding. On remote switches, the port that is connected to the Root Bridge, is the Root port, and is placed in forwarding state. But it takes me a while to map out the network.

Does anyone know where i can get switch topology STP exercise maps?

Thank you,
Cheers!!!!
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good STP excercises are hard to find. If someone could come up with a bunch of hard ones, they would be worth their weight in gold as far as Cisco exams are concerned. Anyone feeling a project? STP is tricky and difficult at first. I wish I could have had some examples when I was first starting STP. The best practice questions that I have found on STP as far as difficulty, complexity, and trickery are on that cisco press ICND test engine CD. Only bad thing about that CD is the explanations are confusing sometimes and you can't exactly ask help for a complex diagram without pasting it on the forums. That is against the rules because of copyright issues. I've tried.. icon_lol.gif

Check this out though.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/spanning_tree1.swf
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Netstudent wrote:
    Good STP excercises are hard to find. If someone could come up with a bunch of hard ones, they would be worth their weight in gold as far as Cisco exams are concerned. Anyone feeling a project? STP is tricky and difficult at first. I wish I could have had some examples when I was first starting STP. The best practice questions that I have found on STP as far as difficulty, complexity, and trickery are on that cisco press ICND test engine CD. Only bad thing about that CD is the explanations are confusing sometimes and you can't exactly ask help for a complex diagram without pasting it on the forums. That is against the rules because of copyright issues. I've tried.. icon_lol.gif

Check this out though.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/spanning_tree1.swf

Thanks man!!! Will check out the CD, now i just have to find what i did with the disk.

Cheers!!!
    Arrakis