HALO 3

ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
whose ready for halo 3?...i order my copy already lol
If you stop getting better, you cease being good

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ilcram19 wrote:
    whose ready for halo 3?...i order my copy already lol

ditto. I didnt play the beta, so Ill be 100% fresh. Ive been a halo junkie since the original. I took a halo hiatus after it got rather repetitive online (kids, cheaters, etc). I havent played in about a year now.

Im also skeptical to see what they are going to do to keep Halo fresh and competitive.

Ill find out Tuesday :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I'm gonna skip Halo 3 in favor of Quake Wars: Enemy Territory. The second beta is now closed, but you can see its demo trailer. It looks amazing.
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    i'm really going to have to upgrade my computer... I'm stretching thin at a 1.2 gigs of ram a 1.8 athalon and a ti200 graphics card....
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Anyone currently playing Bioshock ?
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    oh man quake is a clasic...i really liked quake , quake 2 it was ok and i really didnt like quake 3...

i woundnt skip halo 3 for nottin, halo was ok, i loved halo 2 which i havent play in like a year, and i hope halo 3 comes out better
    i'm really going to have to upgrade my computer... I'm stretching thin at a 1.2 gigs of ram a 1.8 athalon and a ti200 graphics card....
    we talking about halo 3 for xbox 360
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:

I'm playing bioshock, I put it on hard mode, and lol it was really difficult, the game is scary and creepy, it's a good game, I deleted it for now, I need to focus on 291.
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Die hard Nintendo fan myself

Halo was good but I wasn't really that blown away with it I felt it didn't really add anything that new or interesting to the FPS genre

I like Nintendo because they are the kings of innovation when it comes to consoles

Although Bioshock was pretty sweet and I am anticipating Fallout 3 after all Fallout 2 is one of my fave games ever icon_lol.gif
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
    doom969 wrote:

I have not but my friend has it, and says its awesome. Kind of far back on FPS games. Hell, Im still playing gears of war 3rd time around! :D

Ive been studying so much lately, I have little time for videogames. And when I do, its a game of 'madden' or 'the bigs' then off to bed or studying. I expect to play halo 3 for a couple hours, then come back when Im done with an exam.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are you guys talking about? Are these games kind of like Space Invaders or something? Anyone up for a game of Jumpman on my Commadore 64? :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    we got 3 cases of halo 3 in today.. i was so tempted to "borrow" them and put them on ebay.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Might be worth renting a 360 just to play it. But then it might get in the way of Crysis and UT3, now THOSE I can't wait for....
    I liked Bioshock, a bit overhyped, buggy and short but the story and environments were immersive.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Might be worth renting a 360 just to play it. But then it might get in the way of Crysis and UT3, now THOSE I can't wait for....
    I liked Bioshock, a bit overhyped, buggy and short but the story and environments were immersive.

I agree its a bit on the short side, but I think the story is good, and the overall feeling of the game is awesome.
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • christenm123christenm123 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ally_uk wrote:

Halo was good but I wasn't really that blown away with it I felt it didn't really add anything that new or interesting to the FPS genre

I like Nintendo because they are the kings of innovation when it comes to consoles

Although Bioshock was pretty sweet and I am anticipating Fallout 3 after all Fallout 2 is one of my fave games ever icon_lol.gif

I agree with that. I bought a Wii a few months ago because I couldn't afford one at launch due to not having a job. I plan on getting me a 360 sometime soon, and getting Halo 3 is pretty much a given. I've played (And are still playing) Halo 1 on the PC and Halo 2 on the XBOX. I hope to get a 360 maybe next month since thats when my birthday is. :D
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ally_uk wrote:

If you like FPS's and Nintendo you may want to check out Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the Wii then, I haven't played it myself but heard it was good.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    I bought MP 3 last week. Tightest controls I've ever seen in my life.
    one of the best features of halo is the multilayer, the story is good but the multilayer is better, so if you wanna play by yourself or with u lil brother ill recommend to buy a Wii which is pretty good.

they only reason i bought 360 is to play halo 3, none of the other games seem attractive, i played gear of war which multilayer sucked, other than that im staying away from the games specially the PS3 games. come on we all know who's taking over the video games consoles actually entertainment centers thats how they call them lol
    ilcram19 wrote:
    one of the best features of halo is the multilayer, the story is good but the multilayer is better, so if you wanna play by yourself or with u lil brother ill recommend to buy a Wii which is pretty good.

they only reason i bought 360 is to play halo 3, none of the other games seem attractive, i played gear of war which multilayer sucked, other than that im staying away from the games specially the PS3 games. come on we all know who's taking over the video games consoles actually entertainment centers thats how they call them lol

Not true. The Wii focuses on the games. It doesn't even have a DVD player (Although in Japan, their may be a version with a DVD player coming soon.)
    wow I just saw the video review from IGN, Quite impressive (for me at least)!!! Although the reviewer did not enjoy the campaign mode so much as the multiplayer (probably could have told you that). So many new and neat features, which was what I was hoping to see. I dont want to overhype it up yet, as I havent played it yet.

heres the link to the IGN review page you can check out the media at the bottom of the page.

I expect to see an exchange of gamertags in the near future :D

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Not a gamer but I did like the Mt. Dew commercial where everyone is screaming "No!" and one guy at the end is saying "Yesssss!"
    Not true. The Wii focuses on the games. It doesn't even have a DVD player (Although in Japan, their may be a version with a DVD player coming soon.)

omg can you bealive this guy!!! lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment
    check the link so you will have a better undestanding of entertaiment

if you less than 10 a wii and a psp is perfect...

FYI this topic was about halo 3, halo 3 is more like a competition game, ur not good go play wii or ps3
    so did anybody get it at midnight?

I did, real big mistake icon_redface.gif

The line was filled with too many teenagers hopped up on "Mountain Dew Game Fuel" that know nothing in life but Halo....ugh. I had to listen to them for 2 hours... There was an guy my age as well, and we just started laughing at them. By the time I came home, I played for 30 minutes and then went to sleep. Work started at 6am for me.

My 30 minute impression: its just like halo 2, but on 360 and with more features, so I cant complain. :D

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I never understood the point behind waiting in line to get something the day it comes out. Why not just reserve it and pick it up after work the next day?? Sure beats waiting in line for 2 hours, only to go home and sleep!

Same thing goes for those geeks that wait in line days before a big movie opens. Me, I just order tickets in advance on fandango and STILL get to see it opening day.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I never understood the point behind waiting in line to get something the day it comes out. Why not just reserve it and pick it up after work the next day?? Sure beats waiting in line for 2 hours, only to go home and sleep!

Same thing goes for those geeks that wait in line days before a big movie opens. Me, I just order tickets in advance on fandango and STILL get to see it opening day.

that is the first and last time I wait in line for a video game at midnight...The worst part is I even reserved it and was guaranteed. The store is about 5 minutes away from home, but a lot of traffic goes through there after work, so I decided to get it at midnight. icon_confused.gif

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't played a game in about a year and a half, but I'm definitely looking forward to Crysis.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    the night before it came out (the 24th?) we had people standing around the electronics dept at the walmart i work at at around 9. we didn't start selling the game until after midnight. gosh.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    i dont know is somethin about good video games...im 22 and i have a wife and a doughter, i dont think i ever be to old or to young to play video games, i pay my bill and taxes like everyone else here and i work everyweek 40 housr plus 10 hours of traffic pls school, plus certs so i think a lil distraction wont be that bad...or by the way i got a new job!!!!!!
  • druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:

Well , if we learned anything from the console launches reserving these type of things just means handing over cash early and you hope they actualy give you one when it comes out. I heard way to many people laid down cold cash and still had to wait for a while...

I'm not reserving anything , but neither am I waiting in line at midnight. :)

I picked up the demo of Bioshock on Xbox live and I thought that it was kinda lame. Am I missing something? Just seemed like I was switching back and forth from a gun to a power over and over to kill people. The atmosphere was kinda cool though.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    People were selling PS3's on ebay for $15,000+ the first day it came out. If I knew that was gonna happen, I would've taken my vacation time for 1 week and camped outside of Best Buy to make $15,000+ on a PS3.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    royal wrote:
    People were selling PS3's on ebay for $15,000+ the first day it came out.
    Yes, people were selling PS3's for those kinds of prices, but there were very few buyers. I believe the highest price actually paid for a PS3 on eBay was around $5500US. None of the early buyers I that know were able to sell their extra units for more than a $250US profit.