Options

Failed 770 Need Advice

12beatechie12beatechie Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
This was my first attempt on CCNA and it was quite an experience and I figured out I have a lot of work to do to pass CCNA.

Here is my scores breakdown:
66% - Planning and Designing
66% - Implementation and Operation
66% - Troubleshooting
69% - Technology

I was expecting somewhere in the 800's even if I failed the exam. I was thrown off by my second question which was a SIM question. I configured the router and found my mistake and could not change it for some reason, kept getting unknown command and I ended up spending 15-20 mins without getting anything achieved. Next attempt, I will definitely write down the solution before configuring the router. Another killer is questions regarding switches which I do not have much experience on.

Anyway, based on the scores breakdown, it seems like I have to work on every category. I definitely have to narrow them down as I am planning to retake it either a week or 2 weeks from now. Any advice from you guys?

Thanks in advance!!!
The sky is the limit!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    My advice would be to not rush it. It seems like a lot of people are so worried about rushing for Nov. that they don't prepare well enough. The new objectives are great things to learn and I don't think it will kill you to take your time and learn them and go for the 802 if you can't get prepared in time. Just prepare your self and when you are ready take the exam, don't let the deadline rush you. Also get some hands on with some switches. Switches are a big business for Cisco so they love to test on them. Good luck in the future!!!!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    barbatusesbarbatuses Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took 801 today and while I was on my 6th question, I looked at the time and had already used 25 of my 90 minutes up. I was able to finish in time, but I would definately say do not rush. You need to be in control of the test, don't let it control you by forcing you to go too fast. I did that on my first time cause I thought I was going too slow...ended up with 15 minutes to spare but failing. Today I used up almost all my time but passed.
  • Options
    mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    barbatuses wrote:
    I took 801 today and while I was on my 6th question, I looked at the time and had already used 25 of my 90 minutes up. I was able to finish in time, but I would definitely say do not rush. You need to be in control of the test, don't let it control you by forcing you to go too fast. I did that on my first time cause I thought I was going too slow...ended up with 15 minutes to spare but failing. Today I used up almost all my time but passed.

The first 6 questions was there any SIMS. Maybe thats why it took 25mins?
  • Options
    DowimaDowima Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,

if you remember, Did you faced any ISDN Q?

Thanks in advance! :D
    CCIE ,
    I'll get you .