Options

A few questions for the future

dgbarrdgbarr Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
From what I heard is that Pearson Vue is discontinuing the examinations very soon and I already have a few exams written. I am a little anxious that all my study material will become useless as I have purchased a few books already to prepare. I understand there are more exams that I can write to upgrade but it's going to cost me more in the end. Because I am sure the upgrade exams are going to have more study material that arent covered in the current books I have.

Would you try to cram and finish the rest of the exams (I believe 5 more to go) or upgrade your current exams and continue studying for the newer exam tracks?

I am just curious as to how many employers are looking for people certified for Windows 2008 over 2003.

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most corporations make it a standard to not deploy major operating system releases until at least the first service pack is released. With this being said, when server 2008 comes out; sure it will have nice new features but i can almost guarantee you it will not be deployed immediately; it will be tested for several months.

Most companies i work with still use 2000 pro and XP, talking about vista will just get people laughing at you.

As for the certifications, MCSE 2003 will still be a very valuable certification and the most efficient way to obtain this goal of yours is to finish the MCSE on 2003 and then upgrade at the appropriate time.

Also you have to consider that the MCITP is not a very well known certification yet as it is a new name and it has not earned a name for its self in the enterprise yet. When some one says MCSE, most people know that that is. Many of the people I work with have not even heard of the MCITP until I mentioned it to them, then of course they had to google it icon_lol.gif

On a personal note, I for one do not like the new certification names as the MCITP is very confusing. When some one says they are MCITP, you have to stop and ask "MCITP on WHAT!!!?" Personally I think this new certification scheme has caused more confusion then it has done good.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VUE will be no longer offering Microsoft exams, but the same exams can be taken a Prometric.

The Windows 2000, the upgrade exams (292 & 296), the Exchange 2000 exams and some others are being discontinued in March of 2008, but the Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 exams will be around for a few more years.

What exams are you worried about being discontinued?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete