Options

Do you feel the same way?

dgbarrdgbarr Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am pretty comfortable with my current job but do you ever feel like you could be doing something more productive? It seems almost like my job is clockwork combined with stress. Every day, every hour, every phone call has the feeling twisted with deja vu. Then after the hard day of work you sit at home reading, studying to take your career to the next level. Trying to juggle your life and work while holding a book. Do you feel the same way about life? Just like the term the grass is always greener on the otherside. I am just worried that maybe im not ever going to be truly happy (about work).

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, sometimes I can feel the same, particularly after a bad day at the office knowing I've got to go home and study.

But, for me, I get a huge amount of satisfaction solving a complex problem, learning something new and bounding ideas about with like-minded colleagues. I guess i'm in IT because I like to learn and adapt and it's a constantly changing enviroment.

I admit I didn't like my helpdesk/1st line type work that much at the start of my career in IT, but I just saw it as a stepping stone and something that would at least give me some experience and improve my personal skills.

Perhaps I'm lucky, my job is my hobby and theres nothing else I'd like to do. (Well, besides winning the lottery and sitting by a pool in a hot country, rather than soggy England, sipping cold beer for a living icon_wink.gif )
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think this post will be an answer to your situation;

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26951
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1