Options

70-291 Compared to the other MCSE Tests

ITBarbarianITBarbarian Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ive heard this test is called the Beast and im wondering if this test is the hardest of the required MCSE tests?

I also have my test on Wed (im cramming like crazy).

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many agree this is the toughest. But a barbarian ought to be able to slay the beast, just bring your big two-edged sword. icon_cool.gif

As the main character in a Louis L'Amor book said "My mind is my sword".

(Kerbouchard in "The Walking Drum")
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    probably it is...it cover alot of stuff, just make sure you undestand DNS and WSUS, and GPOs
    u got 50% there...i had a lil rras, subnetting, and 3 sims, i was better prepar for this test than any of the other ones so it wasnt that hard, but make sure u knw dns good
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    I'm not sure i'd call it the toughest, I think it all depends on your personnal experience and what you work with on a daily basis.
    I think one of the reasons its called the beast is that if you compare it to the first 2 tests people usually take (70-270, 70-290), its a much harder and technical exam, its kind of a big step.
    I'd say that 70-291 and 70-293 are pretty much even. (even if for me personnaly 293 is harder because I had only basic knowledge of pki. icon_twisted.gif )

Good luck on your exam !

btw nice quote sprkymrk icon_eek.gif
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    CompGuruCompGuru Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I have taken the 270 + 290 and I have to say that this exam is in a different league than those two. The questions seemed to be much more vague in nature, I relied a lot on deducing the answer from the question on previous exams but this one you can't do that.
    They will give you a question two select two out of four options and you will spend 5 minutes thinking about the wording of the question because it could be interpreted 2 ways and each way has two corresponding answers that would fit. That is why it was such a hard one for me, but I think the solution is you just have to make sure to be extra prepared. Make sure you know every answer off hand instead of relying on being able to figure it out, then it will be easier to flesh out what they are really asking on each question.
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good.