CCDA better before CCNP

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Guys,

Would u suggest doing the CCDA before taking a shot at the CCNP. Just wondering if the CCDA would make things any easier preparing for the CCNP? I do have a few years experience configuring and switching cisco architecture, so please keep this in mind...thanks .... :)
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think the CCDA is really going to help for the CCNP, and CCDA has a prerequisite of BCMSN (CCNP course) so I think you'd be better off going on to the CCNP first, but it's up to you.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    I completely disagree.

The CCDA will give you high-level knowledge of various subjects that will definitely help you with CCNP, CCVP, and CCSP. Why study 4 tests to help you with one when you can study one test that will help you with 4?
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    I don't think the CCDA is really going to help for the CCNP, and CCDA has a prerequisite of BCMSN (CCNP course) so I think you'd be better off going on to the CCNP first, but it's up to you.
    Its a suggested prereq though correct? Its not necessary to have the BCMSN done before attempting the CCDA right?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeh it's a suggested prereq, not required. The CCDA isn't going to offer you much help towards the the professional level certifications. If you're refferring to the IIN, SONA and other models in the professional level courses, it's not needed. Extensive studying of the models for the CCNP is like extensive study of ISDN for the CCNA.
    The only easy day was yesterday!