Options

Best practice software for Sec+?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
What should I use?

I bought the All-In-One study guide and paid version of Tcat's pdf. I just need to know what testing software to use when the time comes.

Comments

• Options
    Upon further reading, I'm just more confused. Do you all think the study material I'm using will be sufficient?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I like to use testing software as a kind of automated textbook. I really like Boson's testing software and their explainations of why answers are in/correct. Transcender, PrepLogic, MeasureUp, etc. all have the same idea, but the quality of the information does vary.

Some people recommend testing software based on how similar the wording and format it is to the actual test questions themselves. I would swear a few of the questions on my A+ exams came from the A+ Transcender practice exams (or visa versa). I don't care so much about this as I do having a fun and interesting way to learn the exam subject material.

You might also check into multimedia-oriented prep material like those offered by LearnKey and CBT Nuggets.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When did you get Tcats pdf? There was a deal thjat gave you his 700 question quizzer free with that, but I think it finished on the 10th - you should look into that.

jdmurray is correct for A+ and Net+, but I haven't seen the revamped transcender for Sec+ yet. The CBT nuggets are great and well worth the expense.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    I ordered it on the 10th, but didn't get the questions. I then cancelled that order and ordered the hard copy pdf from amazon.com
  • Options
    I think I'm going to buy the Tcat ExamRight book from amazon.com. It says it's about 500 pages of written questions. That way I can take it anywhere and study. Has anyone used or even heard of this?
  • Options
    0828608286 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RussS wrote:
    When did you get Tcats pdf? There was a deal thjat gave you his 700 question quizzer free with that, but I think it finished on the 10th - you should look into that.

Lucky I backed up a copy of Tcats free Security+ quizzer when it was free, still haven't installed it yet mind you, I got to do Network+ and i-Net+ next week.
  • Options
    TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I killed the 'free' test sim because it was never "free". The payment was critical feedback. Well I got next to nuthin back. So can you imange my susprise when I went and re-looked at it and found Domain 3 had 1! (yes, one) question!

It reminded me that when something is "free" its worth nothing. I thought payment of critical feedback would be payment. I certainly would have valued it.

So the test sim was removed, zap. I took 5 days to write 71? questions for domain 3. It has been ported to

http://www.studyexam4less.com/product.asp?ProdID=1009&CtgID=1010

It is now a pay product. So! NOW if I am vague, or have an error, folks won't hesitate to complain! The same thing has happened to the PDF.

http://www.studyexam4less.com/product.asp?ProdID=1066&CtgID=1010

Contractually, I have an agreement to handle a person directly if someone comes in by referral from the old system. The word of mouth thing wasn't working really well so something had to be done. It came down to moving to a commerical site or quit writing and go back to the classroom teaching.

The good news is using the code tcat gets 20% off. So there you have it.
    Tcat
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog
  • Options
    So where can I get the paid test sim?