Options

TGP ??

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
Im montiroing whats going over my routers interface outbound and inbound and im noticing that there is alot of traffic for TGP (1223) UDP.

Google doesnt yield anything, what is TGP?

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Port 1223 TGP (Truly Global Protocol)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    With generic sound protocols I sometimes have more luck doing a DNS lookup on the external IP for some hints as to what it might be. If it's a generic ISP's DHCP client then I'm more likely to turn it off an wait to see who comes asking about it. If not then the name may help, e.g. had a wierd 8000 range port the other day but the target resolved to a shoutcast server so I had a word with the user about their audio streaming habits.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    Ahriakin wrote:
    With generic sound protocols I sometimes have more luck doing a DNS lookup on the external IP for some hints as to what it might be. If it's a generic ISP's DHCP client then I'm more likely to turn it off an wait to see who comes asking about it. If not then the name may help, e.g. had a wierd 8000 range port the other day but the target resolved to a shoutcast server so I had a word with the user about their audio streaming habits.

Im using SolarWinds Engineers Toolkit to reivew this stuff...how do you do it?
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Adventnet Firewall Analyzer for all internet traffic (Over the PIX/ASAs). Hopefully in the next few months we'll be adding their Netflow Analyzer to get traffic info. from the site routers aswell.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?