Options

Transfer credits from community college to university

I've taken some courses at some community colleges. I had transcripts sent from the community colleges to a university to be given credit for Bachelor's degree requirements. I have a question how those courses should be listed in the education section of a resume.

Should it be listed:

Option A)
  1. Education
    [list=1:7c9b5b2205]
  2. University XXXX-XXXX
  3. Community college XXXX-XXXX
  4. Relevant Coursework: Financial Accounting
[/list:o:7c9b5b2205]

Option B)
  1. Education
  2. University XXXX-XXXX
  3. Relevant Coursework: Financial Accounting
[/list:o:7c9b5b2205].

Option C) Other?

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would use option A.

Optiion B gives the impression thaty you had taken the course at the university when you did not.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    ajs1976 wrote:
    I would use option A.

Optiion B gives the impression thaty you had taken the course at the university when you did not.

ajs1976,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The reason why I thought of Option B is because:
    1. My community college transcripts were evaluated by the university. Since the "financial accounting" course at the community college level was determined to be equivalent to the university level course, I was given credit for university level course which also satisfied my bachelor's degree requirement.
    2. I was just attending the community college to take these lower division transferable courses to transfer to the university without an intent to pursue a credential at the community college.
  • Options
    madcapmadcap Inactive Imported Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    I would use option A.

I agree with this. A recruiter once told me that since the community college credits are part of your university degree, they don't need to be listed.