Options

technical track VS management track

I'm getting ready to move back in to civilian life. I'm pretty much sure that I will be going the technical route. I have talked with my aunt about it. She has told me that IT mangers are a dime a dozen, but the midleve engineersl(CCNP/MCSE)types to the senior types(seasoned CCNP/CCIE) have better job security and are move flexible if they need to relocate. I don't know if many have tought about it around here, some want to get into management tracks and some of us want to be tech's, but do we know the future of jobs and availablity of the paths we wanna choose. Just some random thoughts

Comments

• Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome back to the shore.... This is a difficult question. Certification is always good to have it. However, experience is everything right now. If you are the guy who manage and run the show on your current position. Management position is easy to get because of real experience. If you are in a joint environment which even better.

Also, depend on the location where you will stay to work. It can be a key factor for salary, life and career development.

Remember certification is to help enhanced your skills. Experience and education still pay key role.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn