Options

isis configuration

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
when you are configuring isis and use the

ip router isis - subinterface command to disable osi routing, how do you enable osi routing again is it

no ip router isis

or

clns router isis

or something else? cheers guys
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    and on there thing i've started making a couple of configurations and looking in the cisco press book.

It has a config example for a NBMA point-to-point sub-interface configuration but leaves out the configuration of the level the router is in and it is not configured on the interface either i.e.

isis ciruit-type level-2-only - command, does this need to be configured, i'm guessing yes
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    cristi.grigorecristi.grigore Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't fully understand your question.

In the interface configuration mode, the command ip router isis <name> will include that interface in the isis process. It will not enable/disable clns routing. To remove the interface from the isis routing process, simply type the no ip router isis <name> command on the interface.

If you want to enable clns routing (by default it is disabled on Cisco routers) use the clns routing global configuration command.

As for configuring the isis router type, this is done under the routing protocol configuration:
    R3#conf t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
    R3(config)#router isis test
    R3(config-router)#is-ty
    R3(config-router)#is-type ?
      level-1       Act as a station router only
      level-1-2     Act as both a station router and an area router
      level-2-only  Act as an area router only

R3(config-router)#is-type

Does this answer your question?