Options

Someone - Help me Plz - Yahoo CC Job

szkizzerszkizzer Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Im in quite a dilemna here. I got a thing here but have really no idea about what its suppose to do - or if I have the option of moving up at all. So please use your experience on both sides of this position to help me.

Thank you. And I will post below the email I got from that recruiter.

10/05/2007

Greetings!

My name is Tanya and I'm a recruiter at TAC Worldwide Companies. Our records show that you are an experienced professional with experience in customer service. This experience is relevant to one of my current openings.

It is located in Hillsboro, OR.

It is a temporary position through TAC Worldwide Companies working at Yahoo.

The job will last until 10/15/2008. 3 months.

The pay rate for this job is $11.50 per hour.

Yahoo! Customer Care Agent 1 - Mail

Position Summary: Responsibilities consist of identifying, characterizing, monitoring, and providing feedback on a high- level Yahoo! Mail technical issues. The Yahoo! Customer Care Agent must be someone who passionate assisting customers and committed to owning the delivery of an exceptional experience. Yahoo! is looking for someone who enjoys a challenge and has had experience participating in a collaborative environment and developing creative solutions as a primary responsibility will be to partner with the Engineering team to identify root cause issues, develop alternate troubleshooting solutions, and test resolution. The Yahoo! Customer Care Agent will expected to contribute in roundtable discussions and may be required to assist in analyzing the accuracy of work performed and mentoring Tier 1 and Tier 2 support agents in an effort to increase performance and ensure a consistent customer experience.

Primary Responsibilities:

v Handle escalation through email, phone, and/or chat support as presented by the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support team or internal escalations

v Responsible for tracking and responding to customer contacts within the contracted Service Level target

v Achieve key performance objectives as identified by Team Supervisor

v Maintain and exceed operational metrics to include hourly productivity measurements, backlog %, quality, and CareSat

v Report bugs to Engineering teams; develop and implement fast and accurate resolutions of these concerns

v Create and implementing effective solutions

Qualifications and Skills:

v High school degree required

v 2 years experience supporting a technical team in a customer-care environment on a high-profile technical (a minimum of 6 months experience providing help desk support required)

v Experience working with e-mail, phone, and/or chat management systems and ticketing systems

v Vast knowledge of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office suite; including Excel, and other web-based applications

v Exceptional PC troubleshooting and problem-solving skills

v Excellent written and verbal communication skills

v Strong interpersonal and time management skills

v World-class customer service focus and interpersonal skills

v Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with internal customer care team, Producers, Engineering, co-sourcing partners, and management.

v Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.

v Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload

v Current knowledge of Yahoo! products, customer care procedures and systems a plus

v Must be flexible and able to work at least one weekend day per week, as assigned

v Some evening work / overtime may be necessary

v 1 year experience supporting web mail clients and desktop mail clients preferred

v Experience with Kana a plus

v Some College or IT certification such as A+ or MCP preferred

v Additional duties and projects, as assigned

If you are interested please send me an e-mail with a word copy of your resume, how soon you can interview and start if offered the position. You will be contacted by phone or email if your resume is being considered for the position. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Tanya Renteria
trenteria@tacworldwide.com
TAC Worldwide Companies

Thanks again,

Tanya

I meet her requirements, and the pay rate is definitely not bad. But Ive never called yahoo before and have no idea how the whole thing works. I have called microsof though - so dont know if its similar.

Bunch of questions - if you could please answer for me:

- Is this job - possible a dead end type job. I want a job and am willing to do it but I kinda needs to know what I need to be prepared for.

- Will I be on the phone the whole time.

- Will this look good, if I were to put it in a resume

- I can learn the stuff rather fast - what i dont know like procedures and all. So that shouldn't be that big of a deal

- Is this job, specifically better than, say any helpdesk job. I like to keep it more within the company.

- Im going to pass my CCNA soon (within 1 month) - so should I go with this or

- If I am to "personalize" my resume for this particular position, is there something u guys recommending putting more than the usual stuff.

Please post any thoughts/comments/questions here. Im pretty young and no one I know has any possible answers to this kinda questions. I know it pretty much describes - but i wanna get the word of mouth Jist. Thats most important to me. Thank you guys so much, I have no idea what I would do without you
"Never stand begging for something u have the power to earn."

Comments

• Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    How did this workout?

I would be very weary about these offers.

I get about 4 a week.
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First,
    If the job lasts until 10/15/2008 that is definately longer than 3 months as it states
    She didn't greet you by name, thus she is probably sending this out to 100 or more people.

Do you have your resume on a web site??
    It sounds like its a helpdesk type job that deals with people having problems with their e-mail accounts at yahoo.
    If you would like to do this type of thing, go for it.
    If you read it closely you will notice that she says "IF, you are chosen, you will be contacted by phone or email" or something to this affect. Again she probably sent this out to many people hoping to get a resume back that will fit yahoo's requirments.
    I would look up this company first on a search engine to find out something about it.
    Do what you feel is best for you but I wouldnt get my hopes up too high.
    Good luck
    lungsucker.jpg