Options

Macbooks?

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has any of you guys got any thoughts on the little ole black/white intel macbooks? i dont know what it is about them but im soooo tempted to buy one! has anyone got any feedback on these? i have a good dell laptop and dont essentially need another but ive been tempted to dive into the macworld for sometime (since im always a pc user). now they can also run windows has also been a big plus?

whats anyones thought's on these?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Macbook vs. Macbook Pro, about a year ago I bit the bullet and went for the Pro version. LOVE IT!!

Use it almost exclusively at home now (making it challenging for me to concentrate on MS stuff while at home).

If the budget is tight, then the Macbook should suit you just fine (mine was tight, but I'm a sucker for tech stuff ;) ).

Only 'scary' time was a couple months back I blindly did an update and it almost rendered my superdrive a doorstop (still under warranty). Fortunately, mine didn't fall into the model numbers that were affected and thus I was ok with a small fix.

My friend has a Macbook for his work and loves it, but fancies my Pro. The screensize is much nicer IMNSHO. And iPhoto save us big time during the Holidays last year when we were short on time for a our traditional photos for the grandparents of the kids....simply created a book, had it printed and shipped...within 10 days it arrived with a day to spare!

So out of the box, it's been great!

I've installed parallels, but over a year later rarely use it...though it's been decent...just don't go into windows much at home.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?