Options

Virtual Access on ADSL plays up

killakilla Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi people. Can anyone assist. My Virtual Access and ATM interface frequently go up and down. Down time usually about 1 minute. Several sites exit this problem. Every morning I find a couple of alarms for my remote sites. During the day, I tend to get less of the alarms, but they do come. My SP always tests the line and ADSL and say it's ok. Configs have been double checked. Router hardware even changed, but I still have these failures. Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    have them check the card at the local CO, or check your router for any physical layer issues but you may want to check your keep alive interval on the router.. if this is just affecting a few of them as the config may be derived from a template.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Thanks. It gives me something to think about. Let me add some flesh to this. I have over 200 remote sites. The configs are similar. I experience this problem on say 5% of the sites. Its not the same sites all the time but sometimes I get a few that are constantly failing and these are the ones that then worry me. So my area of concentration should mainly concentrate on the physical layer?
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have also seen this behavior at sites where they are near the 18000 ft limit, they seem to be a bit more troublesome, I have had it corrected in some cases by the phone company removing unsed portions of the loop (that extra 1000' of wire beyond your building they installed on the poles casues signal reflections)
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Interesting!!! I have a service review with my SP and it would be interesting to hear what they have discovered over the period I have complained about it. Thanks guys for the ideas.
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    I had the same problem. I changed the dsl operation mode from auto to itu-dmt and everything worked fine icon_eek.gif