Options

File Access Problems

hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
Hey

Im having problems with some programs running off an open network share. Everyone has full access, so file permissions isnt the problem. Running Server 2000 and it allows me access to like 15 people on at the same time to the same files required off the network share but then it says the files are locked when any more try to use the application. Its not a database just files. Don't know whats in them but they are not databases anyway. Is it a Server 2000 issue or is it the application?

Hetty icon_scratch.gif

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried configuring the maximum allowed property of the share?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Its on maximum. Ill try putting it on 99 and see if it makes any difference. Thanks.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just a shot in the dark, but maybe you start watching in Computer Management\Shared Folders\Open Files for a few days and see if you find any patterns, ie, the same user has the file locked, etc. and narrow it down from there. I don't think it's an OS issue if you had it set to unlimited.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...