Options

NEED HELP!

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Alright so I am going around doing a software audit on some machines. Anyways I came across a machine with some extra junk on it so I deleted it with add/remove programs. One was diskeeper lite and a Lenovo update connector. Then under program files, I deleted a folder called MOVIE MAKER. I don;t think this has any correlation but I thoguht I would explain any changes. So I logoff the machine and a user comes behind me to log on and explorer.exe WILL NOT start. The machine boots normally throught the splash screen and logon prompt. But when you log on with username and pass. the task bar flashes across the bottom of the screen real fast and then dissappears. So explorer.exe will not start. I tried manually starting it thorugh task manager but it closes really fast. I tried Last Known G.C and booting to safe mode. Nothing will get explorer.exe to start. IS there a way to restore everything in recycle bin though the command prompt? I can get cmd.exe to run. I'm sure I didn't deleted anything critical but just in case, is that possible? Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone ever experienced this before?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think movie maker is a default folder from any XP install. Can you copy the movie maker folder from another computer, either by remotely connecting to the broken computer or through the command prompt using the copy command? Maybe from a burned CD?

I saw something like this once with a different folder than Movie Maker.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks.....I broke down and just did a system recovery. It's back to normal. I wanted to try and fix it manually and figure out what happened, but didn't have time.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!