Options

Simple Question

scottishcampbellscottishcampbell Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sorry to ask such a simple question but Ive looked on this forum and theres no mention of this............Do you have to sit the four semesters before you can sit the final exam??.....Or can you just sit the exam without sitting any of the semesters??....first to answer gets a :D

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're refering to the CCNA Cert. exam, you DO NOT have to sit in 4 semesters of class to take the CCNA exam. You can just make an appointment to go in and take the exam.

You have to sit in 4 semesters of the Cisco Academy Program to graduate from the Academy. (I'm on my last one....woooooooooot!!!!)
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    scottishcampbellscottishcampbell Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok..............So whats the main benefit of of the graduating from the Cisco Academy Program compared to that of just sitting the CCNA exam??.......And if you sit the four semesters do you then have to sit the CCNA exam within a certain period of time of finishing the semesters??............

P.S-many thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The benefit for sitting in the Cisco Academy Program is that you have Professors explaining things to you which makes it easier to understand instead of just reading from a book. There's a lot of reading you have to do, BUT when you do not understand something in your reading you can ask your Prof. to explain whatever it is that you're having trouble with which is a BIG PLUS!!! The classes simply help you prepare for the exam.
    If you don't take the classes I think it might take a you(in general) longer to understand what's going on compared to a person that took the classes. I'm talking from personal experience. icon_wink.gif

When you're done with the classes you do not have a dead-line to take the CCNA exam. You can take the exam whenever you're ready for it. What the Instructors recommend their students to do is to take the CCNA exam a month or two after they have finished all the semesters...giving you an extra month or so to cram down on the studying. I think the Cisco Academy is a good program to be enrolled in.

Hope this Info. has helped you out!!! icon_wink.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    dagr8timdagr8tim Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know afew people in my acadamy cycle that elected not to take the 4th quarter. But then again, my cycle started out with 27 people and 6 people finished. The instructor said that was about par for his classes. I think the extra access to a professor is great, and the extra time with the hardware is awesome if you only have simultors to work with at home.

Another suggestion, is get atleast an email list going with your class mates. It's a great way to pass information along after classes are over. In my class, there were 6 of us who would get together once a week for an hour or 2 on our own time to discuss cisco. Then one guy scored 2 2500's off of ebay and we really started having fun.

I think the 4th quarter is worth it. Worst part of me was the Dreaded Case Study that I think they dropped.
    There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and Unix. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    If you go through all 4 levels of the ccna acadademy you can take a voucher exam test ~~ If you pass the voucher exam, the CCNA certification exam is 50% off.

The extra knowledge is great, and having an instructor teach you is awesome.

No more newbies in the business please :)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.