Options

Passed Core...OS coming next Saturday!!

jaxJoe77jaxJoe77 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took and passed the Core today, first try. 601 score, not the greatest score, but at least its in the 600's i guess...and as the Guy at the testing center said, nobody cares what you scored so long as you passed!!

I, like many others, clicked the "end test" button thinking of how soon i would be ready for the retest....to my suprise, i passed....lol

Now i need some tips for the OS exam, as this one has REALLY got me sweating bullets.

Comments

• Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz, and good luck on OS.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you are having second thoughts, you can always reschedule the exam, unless, of course, you have a voucher that is about to expire.

But, Congratulations on the pass!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    jaxJoe77jaxJoe77 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its not so much second thoughts as it is knowing that the OS exam is notoriously more difficult than the Core...I was just hoping maybe there were some good tips that helped some of you pass it...I have Mike Meyers 5th edition..between that and this site, i am hoping it is enough.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I believe that in my case, the big difference was that while I was studying the Meyers All-In-One guide I was also practicing with these different OSs while I studied each different section. I was fortunate to already have copies of them or be able to pick up one second-hand at a reasonable price. Nothing works like hands-on study--e.g., don't take the book's word at face value, actually take at look at where these files are located, actually use the DOS command prompt and try out the commands that CompTIA expects you to know, etc.

Another advantage in acquiring these OSs is that I'm still using some of them in my M$ cert studies.

Good luck!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...great job! icon_cool.gif
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on you pass.

Don't worry about the OS - I thought I would scream through Core and struggle with OS, but I scored over 1000 for Core and it really seemed fairly easy.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007