Options

Am I ready?

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've taken a few practice tests on this material, had a 2 week long course on it, and I'm killing these practice tests. My question is should I read both the Sybex and Passport books? Or could I get away with just reading the passport? Ideally I'd like to take the test next week and want to use my study time as efficiently as possible. Thanks in advance guys!

I've talked to my boss who is a MCSE and has his net+, a+, and security+ and he told me it was really easy and he didn't need to even read a book.

I just know that when you get cocky about these tests they have a way of humbling you.
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I wouldn't recommend going in without reading one of the books. Looks like you have a good background, so it won't take as much studying as some of us needed, but the Sybex book is definitely worth looking at.
    The Passport is a good introduction but not as complete as Sybex. You probably won't need the Passport.
    Good luck!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Vogon Poet wrote:
    I wouldn't recommend going in without reading one of the books. Looks like you have a good background, so it won't take as much studying as some of us needed, but the Sybex book is definitely worth looking at.
    The Passport is a good introduction but not as complete as Sybex. You probably won't need the Passport.
    Good luck!

Thanks man! I'm about 160 pages into the Sybex, so I might as well finish it. I'll have it done this week, so we'll see how I feel by the end. thanks again!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yea man, read the passport book! It goes over 2 or 3 of the asymetric and symmetric encryption types that the sybex book doesnt cover, if I recall correctly. Also, it has a different explination of PKI than Sybex does also. So if you find the sybex version confusing, then hit up the passport version.

on a larger scale, the passport book covers some things sybex doesnt, and vice versa. You should be well knowledgable for Sec+ if read them both!

good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security