Options

I'm really getting jaded by learning.

jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Am I alone?

Sorry, Its just getting hard to make myself study.

Jason

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    wait till youve taken all your ms tests.. Then you will really feel jaded
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    motivation.. how bad do you really want it? ask yourself that question. and if you have.. then try to understand why...

im kinda the same.. i get lazy for a bit, then i get the bug and go into hyperdrive agian and do it real quick. normally i get the certification for a short term goal type purpose.. IE. a job requires it that i am applying for or working at..

currently, i work for a large ISP thats majorly deploying wifi hotspots.. so now my goal is to get the planet 3 wifi certs and see if i can move into that
    dept.

but it all boils down to motivation and goals.
  • Options
    TiciaTicia Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely not alone.

I find it hard to make myself study too.

But like tokhss said, it's all about how bad you want it.

And I want mine bad.
  • Options
    dagr8timdagr8tim Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ticia wrote:
    Definitely not alone.

I find it hard to make myself study too.

But like tokhss said, it's all about how bad you want it.

And I want mine bad.

I know I'm not going for any MS certs, but I ran across this thread and wanted to throw my 2 cents in. For me I find studying the high part of my day. I work doing tier 1 & 2 support for dial, dsl, and webhosting. After a long day on the phones, there's noting more I want to do that go home and study for afew hours to get alittle closer to my certs.
    There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and Unix. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here are my exams so far:

2000 -> 7 exams. NT 4.0 Core, Exchange 5.5, TCP/IP, Windows 2000 Pro

Burnout sets in

2001 -> 1 exam. CCA. Blow off the MCSE 2000 Upgrade exam. My mistake.

2002 -> 1 exam. Windows 2000 Server

2003 -> 3 exams. Net+, AD, & Designing AD structure. Starting to get back on the wagon.

2004 -> Planning on 4 or 5.

I found it helps to take a break from the MS exams and study something else. Just watch how long of a break.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I find studying for technical certs to be an exciting but rather tedious job. This is not because of the material being studied, but rather the time spent on studying the material.

The 40min-break routine shouldn’t be reduced to school periods only. In fact, the only right thing taught in schools nowadays is the 40-minute periods. Not to mention the hideous crime of school bells.

Anyways, I find my studying sessions really exciting when I stand up from the computer/book and do something refreshing (drink orange juice, look out on the street below, or even chat with a friend of msn...) for 5 minutes. I also never spend more than three sittings of 40min each at any given time. Feeling jaded is often a result of overindulgence.

The bottom line is that you gotta streamline the processes between your brain and your body so that neither gets exhausted before the other.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Jason, you're not alone.

Just keep your goals in mind. Just as you review your studies from time to time, also review your goals so that you can see your progress.

I like 2lbs method--my own is sort of a variation on that, but you have to develop a method that works for you. I think the biggest concept we need to grasp is called Consistency. We need to be deliberate in what we do. Maybe we need to think of this as developing a "on-track-mind mode" that we automatically modulate into when we see our study area. This is the way I try to see it .

Best of luck to you all.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I'm just the same. I just need to put myself on track I have the technical position that I wanted and a small home business in Phoenix to boot.
    ITS A MONEY THING! I make more money setting up small wireless networks almost everynight of the week for people who need them in homes and business.

I have to get past the money thing.

Thank you, Jason
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    getting past the money thing is hard.. unless your passion for money is somewhere else..

otherwords.. goodluck!!! ha