jr network analyst interview tomorrow!

Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
A strange occurrence with this service, there are only two people on the network team that are currently trained in it out of roughly 9 network analysts - one being the team lead and said junior network analyst.

A responsibility listed in the junior network analyst position is the network support of this particular service. I'm really hoping this is my big shot to move up. One of the things going for me, is that roughly 6-7 of the network analysts currently on the team started on the Service Desk.

Any tips? I haven't really interviewed for a network position before and really don't quite know what to expect aside from the typical protocols, ports questions.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think you should be in a pretty good position to land the new position. If they like to promote from with in and you have a raport with the people in the network department already you have a great advantage. Make sure you bring up your expertise on the telehealth sytem (don't be cocky though). Also don't try to BS about things you don't know about. Tell them you don't know but you are willing to learn. Be confident and be yourself. Sounds like you will probably getting a promotion in the future! Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I had my interview!

It went very well, they asked a lot of questions that were part of the CCNA objectives so I was able to answer a lot of those very quickly and easily. I feel very good about this interview - explained how I can work independently quite often yet can still rely on being a good teammate. They're supposed to let us know next week. The junior network analyst is already talking about a Telehealth project we can possibly work on should I get it.

I was the only applicant both internally and there were no external applicants for this junior position, oddly enough! Though I do know there were some external applicants for the intermediate position they posted as well.

Let's hope I've got it next week! :D
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good job and good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Knives Out wrote:
    intermediate position
    That's the one you interviewed for, right? :D

Let us know what happens!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "explained how I can work independently quite often yet can still rely on being a good teammate"

Good answer. I also tell employers that ask that question something like "IT requires that you have both sets of skills so I have achieved both. I can work alone and with a team, whichever requires that skill at the moment."
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't know answer, then do not just tell them no. Tell them that with opportunity and research, I will able to provide you the solution and recommendation to fix the problem.

You need to look and talk smart, but know the limit.

Last word, good luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kasor wrote:
    If you don't know answer, then do not just tell them no. Tell them that with opportunity and research, I will able to provide you the solution and recommendation to fix the problem.

You need to look and talk smart, but know the limit.

Last word, good luck

That is excellent advice, thank you for sharing it with me.

This is only my 5th interview ever so here's hoping to keep the track record going. I'm 4 for 4 so far in my lifetime :D