Please Advise..

jackaljackal Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my Network+ (846), and was thinking of going for the MCSA as I have the A+ and can use it as an elective. However, I was thinking I may actually go for the CCNA first as alot of the network+ stuff is still fresh in my brain and some of it may be the content of the CCNA exam..

Anyway..what do you guys outthere think?, please advise if u can..Many thanks

Comments

• bdmstbdmst Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just recently passed the Network+ test and IMO CCNA would be the best thing to build upon. The material is "sort of" related to the Net+ and after the CCNA then I'll be thinking about looking towards a MCSA. Either route is a good one. The question is, what do you want to do with them? System Admin, or Network Admin? Two certs for two completely different jobs.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree, it really dpends on what you want to do. Although CCNA is a good addition to a MCSA/MCSE in a way that you can also perform basic router configuration being a sys admin.

Net+ and CCNA do have some overlap (15%-20%) but CCNA mainly builds on a Network+ level of basic netowrking knowledge. Basic networking knowledge itself is jsut a small part of CCNA, the major parts are about advanced subnetting, routing protocols, and basic router configuration.
  • jackaljackal Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of your valuable advice...I think i'll go for the CCNA, then look into the microsoft exams. By the way--Great site and the Network+ notes came in very handy for the exam,well done.. keep up the good work.

jackal