Options

Quick question for the voice guys

Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have read the previous posts about the equipment required for a voice lab but I just wanted to confirm a few things before I go and spend some more money I do not have.

I currently have a whole bunch of 2621 routers and I just wanted to make a voice call between a couple of them to have a little play with VoIP. So I think all I need is two NM-2V cards one for each router I want to make a call from and to. Then I think I need two vic-2fxs cards to fit in the NM-2V cards and allow me to connect a normal analogue phone to each router. I am hoping that all I need after this is an IOS that supports voice.

Is this correct or do I need some more stuff?

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can use the NM-2V and an FXS VWIC to create what you're looking for. You could also use the NM-1V, they're s little less expensive.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dtlokee,

Thanks for that now I need to get some FXS cards. I have seen some for about $60 do you think that is a reasonable price? I got 2 NM-2V's because I kept getting out bid on the NM-1V's so bought them already.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's not a bad price, and with the NM-2V you can also get some FXO interfaces to test connections to the PSTN (this is easily done by connecting the FXS interfaces on one router to the FXO interfaces on the other)
    The only easy day was yesterday!