Who hates terminal services?

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Okay so this should be a simple task but this is terminal services we're talking about here.

Basically, I'm trying to get a TS client who uses an actual PC. to access their floppy drive. There was one employee setup before that had floppy access, but it was done before I got here and it isn't working properly anymore. We have scripts in SysVol for each terminal service client that maps shares and printers. I did some looking around to try and figure it out and it looks like a drive was mapped on the terminal server to the TS client's floppy drive. Then a line of script was added to the logon script for that client that goes something like net use e: \\ts001\floppy to link that user to the mapped drive on the Terminal server. Then i assume the floppy is shared on the actual client machine. So is this the usual method for accessing the floppy drive on a TS client?

Does anyone have a writeup on how to do this or know where one is? I googled it to no avail. Is there another way of doing this? Thanks.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you open the remote desktop connection on the client computer and look at the options, under the local resources tab click on the "More" button, expand drives and you can select the drive letter you want access to.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2