Options

Why second is second best

mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've contemplated other careers outside of IT - I've thought of husseling and haggeling in a sales position selling computers and computer parts, like those people who I talk to when ordering new equipment at work. They often make more money when the economy is good but not so much money when the economy is bad.

Respond with your 2nd favourite job to do.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you mean a job strictly outside IT, I'd go for 3D modelling. If it has to be a job without a PC I think I would like giving tours on a medium size sail boat for 5 to 10 people.
    icon_sunny.gif

And if all else fails I could always put on my wooden shoes and make cheese or grow tulips ;)
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I couldn't imagine going into any other field. Sure, there are things I would enjoy, but this stuff is what I'm really interested in. It has been since I was just a kid.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahh Johan - stop playing the cute Dutch card ... thats not fair icon_wink.gif

I would however suggest that our Bay of Islands was a far better place than most for cruising icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_lol.gif I'm sorry, I had it in my hands for so long.

Yep, I'd be forced to move abroad, I don't think I would have a lot of customers within a 1000km ratio ;)
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    tuneing cars.. mainly euros.. german V8's superchaged/turbocharged..

right now i got a 4punder stock turbo (smalled in the class) running about
    200 whp/230 wtq...

yea.. i would be tuniung cars or selling upgrad parts.. also do car audio video.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to admit that I would be back to my first love - Motocross.

Building up competition machines to exacting specs and doing custom suspension work would do it for me. The only problem is that here in NZ the market is too small ... guess I will just have to trade up to a bigger boat and run a charter service in competition with Johan icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    In the words of Peter Gibbons, "I'd love to sit on my ass and do nothing"

which, coincidentally, happens to be just what I'm doing right now! :P
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I always wanted to be a DJ or an MC.

after 218, they'll be calling me MC MCSA