Options

Moving to A NOC

I will be moving off the ships and into a NOC. I'm pretty excited being that they have a much of routers and switches and sun and microsoft machines. I don't know much of what I will be doing, but it will be better than what I'm doing now.

Comments

• Options
    MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope you enjoy it! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't know much of what I will be doing, but it will be better than what I'm doing now.

How do you know if it will be better if you don't know what you will be doing??? icon_lol.gif
    Congrats on the new position!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know much of what I will be doing, but it will be better than what I'm doing now.

How do you know if it will be better if you don't know what you will be doing??? icon_lol.gif
    Congrats on the new position!

I was offered a job once that required security clearence (which I didnt have) so the offer was somthing like this:

"We want to offer you a postition, we can't tell you what you'll be doing or where you'll be located, it may or may not be in the US, and we can't tell you what you'll be paid. All we can tell you is it involves some of the most advanced computer hardware and software in the world. Do you want the job?"

That's a dilemma.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    dtlokee wrote:
    I was offered a job once that required security clearence (which I didnt have) so the offer was somthing like this:

"We want to offer you a postition, we can't tell you what you'll be doing or where you'll be located, it may or may not be in the US, and we can't tell you what you'll be paid. All we can tell you is it involves some of the most advanced computer hardware and software in the world. Do you want the job?"

That's a dilemma.

Usually jobs like this just get you into the door. When you get to the real high level stuff, you have already proven your self to keep a secret, and they usually require polygraphs icon_sad.gif . But I will be out soo, you get a lotta restrictions when you start getting access to things.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Ah yes one of the many joys of military service. The security clearence!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.