Options

CCNA Course and C++

wyvern1wyvern1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm about half way through my CCNA course. We just started ACLs. As this is a sponsored course, there are lot of "extras" that have to be included. Telecomunicatios is one, and C++ was the other.
We only get one day a week that is serious CCNA study. the rest is the "extra". Now, the telecomm makes some sense, but 9 weeks of C++ made none to us. Sure it was great to get a very basic intro to the language, but how will it help on the CCNA was our big question.
The dept head told us that when he polled both those who had passed or not passed the CCNA, thay all said that learning C++ would have helped them a great deal. So, they added it in.
This is the place to get the answer as to why? Especially for those of you who have just taken the CCNA, do you think C++ would help.. if at all.
Sorry about the long post but this was a two hour discussion and we just can't see the use of it.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I already got confused when I read the subject of this post... Having knowledge of C++ does not have any value whatsoever when it comes to taking the CCNA exam. Logical thinking is important e.g. for the ACLs but nothing in the CCNA exam even relates to anything that is C++ specific. Programming in C++ doesn't make it easier to 'program' (read configure) a router or switch.
  • Options
    wyvern1wyvern1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your confusion gives you an idea how we felt. The Dean is flexibale enough to change the curriculum, and with luck he will. That was 9 weeks wasted we could have used on the CCNA itself.
    Thanks so much for your reply and insight.