Options

Finding a job

robmessarobmessa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys been looking for a job now for 16 weeks now and have had no luck. ihave always wannted to work in the computer industry but have been dishearted and now thinking is this the industry i should be working in ihave GNVQ in IT an A leval and A+ N+.

any advice guys would help alot

thanks in advanced
roberto

Comments

• Options
    dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Hang in there, man.

When I was still applying for a job, I just continuously send out my resume to all job postings in the internet. Some were jobs/technologies that I don't have any experience yet.

If you are just starting your IT career, look for entry-level jobs. You will definitely gain valuable experience in these type of jobs and it's a good start.

If you're not getting any calls, I suggest you review or revise your cover letter and resume. Google or search previous posts here for creating a good resumes and I'm sure companies will eventually call you up.

Patience, grasshopper.

Good luck.

icon_cool.gif
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hang in there guy. The hiring people in IT seem to quickly forget that someone gave them a job when they had no experience. Unfortunately there is no way to remind them of this. I sent out over 1400 resumes over a 5 month period before I finally got a temp IT job. I would suggest trying to get one of the temporary IT jobs if you can afford it. They dont give insurance but at least it will be something you can put on your resume. One caution however, is that Ive noticed that these hiring people tend not to look at these temp jobs as real jobs. At least that has been my experience in interviews. Good luck, and I hope you find one soon
    lungsucker.jpg