Options

Blade Video over cat5 Problems

PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Well i post this as a random last shot for anyone who works with this type of technology and might have some suggestions to the problems some of our traders are experiecing. To cut a very long story short. Some of our traders are expericing apparent video signal interfernece on their monitors that receive feeds from our receiver boxes under traders desks. We have tried swapping monitors out, tried repatching the cat5 to the receive boxes, we have tried swapping out the receiver boxes as well, we have checked the power (phase and volatge test) that supplies the rack where the blade pc sits. So far nothing has suggested what the problem is and we are now out of suggestions entirely for our next step, obviously a hardware replacement from the manufacture may be possible as we have tried everything they reccommend.

If anyone works with video over cat5 type technology, any suggestions would be much apprechiated.

Thanks again,
DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.