dynamic NAT and ping

fonquefonque Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am working on a simple excercise in netsim
network is 4 devices connected in this order

PC1
Router1
Router2
PC2

Router1 has a dynamic nat pool set up to translate all of the possible host address in PC1's subnet to use the first 100 address in a loopback subnet.

everything is set up in the exact order the excercise lists and PC1 cannot ping address outside the nat.

How can I trouble shoot this?

more info:
PC2 can ping PC1's global address,
but PC1 cannot ping Router2 or PC2.
ive check "sh ip nat translation" table and PC1 ip address is being translated correctly. I even cleared the table, and sent more pings to make sure.

any info is appreciated.
I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit

Comments

• Options
    budabuda Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    are you sure that the nat is set up properly on router1? does the xlate table include pc1 when you are pinging from pc2? mabey you arent pinging pc1 from pc2, but the xlate points to some other host. (check arp table for IP to mac association) Can router1 ping router2 or pc2?
    also check syslogs on R1 atfer pinging
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    post a show run. We need more info to be able to help you troubleshoot. Just for a sanity check, you do have routes setup and firewalls are allowing ICMP right?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!