Options

Took CCNA today..Failed on the account of time

johnsoxjohnsox Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So im pretty bummed out, I just took the CCNA this morning, time was just not in my favor. As the test went on I began to worry about how much time was being spent on each question. Then by the time I got towards the end, I was faced with a simulated question with only 4 minutes left.

I am taking the test again next saturday. I think I was second guessing myself to much, which cost me in the end.

Just to let you guys know, everyone on this website has helped me out tremendously on my CCNA track. Now its up to me to manage my time correctly I will be sure to get back to you guys after I take the test next saturday, thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you'll get it the next time around..

What was your score despite the time issue?

My test is scheduled for Monday hoping I can manage my time as well.

Wish you luck on saturday
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if you spend 1 minute per multiple choice (or less) you'll have enough time for the sims.

if you need more than that you are guessing ....
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If your score was low in Implemention & Operation or Troubleshooting, then those are lots of hands-on task best practiced on real equipment, rental lab, or simulator. But there can still be lots of multiple choice questions that can come from these skills. There have been some recent posts with suggestions for those two sections.

If your score was lower in Planning & Designing or Technology then you should hit the books again (or read the Odom CCNA Library if you already haven't).

If you need subnetting practice then check out www.subnettingquestions.com -- the time you save on those questions is more time to spend on other questions.

Time management is one of the big things everyone should remember for the exams -- but usually forgets in the heat of battle. Remember to spend no more than 10 minutes per sim. If you haven't gotten it by then, you probably never will. You do get partial credit, so put something in if you think it's part of the answer.

For each question, read the question, all the answers, then read the question again. Then select your answer(s) -- or toss out the wrong answers and guess from the remaining answers.

Good Luck! Stay focused icon_cool.gif and keep studying icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DSPDSP Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey if it makes you feel any better I failed the CCNA twice before I finally passed it. Now I have my CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP. I have scored 900+ on every other Cisco test I have taken. The CCNA is by far the hardest Cisco test. It is extremely broad and has way to much material in it. Plus the cisco tests take some getting use too. Just know once you get passed it.........it is downhill!

Good Luck!
    Mike