passed 640-811 - new CCNA!

Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took 640-811 this morning after completing 640-821 Intro so I basically had a 3 month study period. Initially read thru the entire Sybex 5th edition 640-801 book, Net Academy, a bit of TechNotes and did a whole bunch of labs this entire month to keep the commands fresh in my head. I used the CCNA version and Packet Tracer to compensate of Boson's deficiencies.

I scored 967/1000!

Planning and design: 100%
Implementation and operation: 100%
Troubleshooting: 84%
Technology: 100%

I was terrified - I did quite well time wise, and had just over 10 mins to spare thinking there was going to be a major sim towards the end and it ended up I having only one Simlet very early in.

The end to this week would be a bit more perfect if I get that junior network analyst job I interviewed last week for!!

Good luck to all, and thanks a bunch to the forums for allowing me to lurk :D

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Enjoy the celebration drunken_smilie.gif

But with the CCNA (and you're increased value to society) comes great responsibility -- if you go out to celebrate make sure you have a designated driver. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Congrats... I hear SK can use more network admins these days. Not so much as AL, perhaps. Still, great job... great score. You worked hard for it.

Good luck on the job front.

And then there's Mike... always the voice of wisdom, and moderation.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.