Options

Failed 393

lotion21lotion21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well i took my Network+ test today. I wish i was more prepared. I swear the test to me felt like it was in another Language. I study for about 2months with a full time job. My study materials were Mike Meyers All in one and the study notes on this site. I feel so down today but im no quitter. Oh bye the way on the Tech Notes on this website says don't worry about the 10base2 and 10base5 because there no longer in the test is sadly mistaken. I got 1 10base2 question on the test. This site is still tight in my book.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Don't get too discouraged, that first test is always a killer. One thing I can recommend is to get yourself some hands-on practice to help some of those topics sink in. Reading the book and the technotes is helpful, but it's hard to memorize everything. For the Network+ you'll probably be alright with some basic cabling and home-router and switch type of stuff, just to get an idea of what the real hardware is like. If you have the ability to put together a couple of computers to play with and plug into said network, even better. The other option is to build yourself a virtual lab, using something like VMware or Virtual PC. That way, you can install a Windows (virtual) machine or two, and maybe even get some practice with Linux/Unix, since the virtual machines can take any operating system that regular x86 hardware can.

Keep studying, and don't give up. It might take a little while, but nothing is impossible, and I'm sure you can knock this test out of the park with more practice. Think of this test as the "recon mission", and now you'll know what to look for the next time, and as you study.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't be discouraged, it's just one of the ways to learn. Now relax, get yourself better prepared by learning from your weak points and then, go ahead and attack !! angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • Options
    mackel beastmackel beast Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lotion21 wrote:
    Well i took my Network+ test today. I wish i was more prepared. I swear the test to me felt like it was in another Language.

Bummerr!! Don't be too discouraged. Keep at it. I know the feeling about the test being in a different language. Once starting off the test and being off step it can be hard to get in a grove and work thought the test. I would follow the suggestions and use some of the Virtual stuff to practive the commands and stuff. Just studying out of a book does not always work. I found using flash cards worked. I used flash cards that described what I should be doing and then practiced the commands on a real computer. I found this helps me remeber commands and syntax well.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    393? Did you study at all?
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]