Options

A+ Question...

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I'm going to sit my A+ in a few weeks. I appear to be hitting a low in the 80% range and a high of 100% on most practice exams I've been though. I do have a couple of questions about the actual test...

The test is two exams taken at a center and that is essentially it? I've been told by a person who claims his brother took the same exam that there is a practical part of the test? I've not read anything about this anywhere and I'm thinking this person is either confused or telling porkies! icon_lol.gif

One more question and I know this will depend on where I sit the exam but do many places offer the exam on the weekends? I'd hate to have to tell my current employer I'm taking a day to sit an exam so I can get a different job! icon_lol.gif

I am however thinking about splitting the Hardware Exam and Software Exam apart and sitting them on two different days. My weakest point with this certification is that I don't (from experience) totally agree with all the questions and their answers and I slip up that way sometimes.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aidan80 wrote:
    The test is two exams taken at a center and that is essentially it?
    Correct.

aidan80 wrote:
    I've been told by a person who claims his brother took the same exam that there is a practical part of the test? I've not read anything about this anywhere and I'm thinking this person is either confused or telling porkies! icon_lol.gif
    Never heard of "porkies". icon_lol.gif
    But there is no practical on the A+ exam. The linux RHCE and RHCT and the Cisco CCIE have hands-on "practicals", and some other exams like the CCNA and Microsoft exams have simulation style questions, but all of the CompTIA exams are multiple guess, I mean choice.
    aidan80 wrote:
    One more question and I know this will depend on where I sit the exam but do many places offer the exam on the weekends?
    Some do, some don't. Just hop onto Prometric or Vue's website to register for an exam and they'll have information on the testing centers in your area, at the very least they'll have phone numbers so you can call around.
    aidan80 wrote:
    I am however thinking about splitting the Hardware Exam and Software Exam apart and sitting them on two different days.
    I agree, as I have trouble concentrating for more than one exam at a time. Some people do like to knock them out at the same time though. Whatever works best for you.
    Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.