CCVP Suggestions

DSPDSP Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
If you are starting your CCVP track here are some suggestions for you:
1. If you are doing CCNP and CCVP do CCNP first. Make sure to save the ONT as your last test. It is basically the QoS test. Which means you would want QoS to be your first test on the CCVP.
2. Do Gateway / Gatekeeper immediate following CVoice. I was really surprised of the amount of duplicate information in both books.
3. If you don't have a lot of analog phone system experience then CVoice can be tough. I would plan on spending extra time on it. Having a real good understanding of the material makes Gateway / Gatekeeper that much easier.
4. I would save TUC for last. I think having a solid understanding of the other 4 is key to having a real good understanding of troubleshooting.

This is the order I would do things:
CCNP (ONT last)
QoS
CVoice
GW/GK
CIPT
TUC

Hope this helps!

Mike
Mike

Comments

• CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    What online simulator would you recommend when pursuing CCVP after CCNA? I certainly won't have the $$$ for the extra equipment. Thanks.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • DSPDSP Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally I didn't use any simulators. We have a really nice voice lab at my work. Before we got the lab some of the guys were using Dynamips + Dynagen. I know nothing about it, but they swore by them. I would run a google on them. If you can get your hands on some Callmanager software you can set up VMware on run it on your computer. Be warned, you might see a performance difference on your computer though.

Good Luck!
    Mike