Options

CCVP book recommendation

Is there one book that covers all the necessary topics to obtain certification that would be good to study? Or would such a book be so fat and thick that it would be too heavy to carry?
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Cisco Documentation is available on DVD, so it should be easy to carry around.

If you're lugging around a laptop to use the Cisco Documentation DVD, then if you toss in an Internet Connection, you could probably also get a Safari Subscription and maybe access some of the recommended books there.

Since it's usually a good idea to use more than one source when studying for an exam, I'm not sure that finding one book for all the exams would be such a smart idea. icon_rolleyes.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Thanks. I'll explore the options here. One of these days, when I get a job that actually pays the bills and is more than $11.00 an hour, it would be nice to have a cellular Internet connection to use on the road. Then I can study wherever, whenever. icon_cool.gif

I had thought that if I could find one volume which covered all topics, even if not that in-depth, it would save me from having to buy five $80-dollar volumes to have to study, and I'd save money, too, even though that one book wouldn't be cheap.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    a.zida.zid Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All in one would be a great idea.. I also think studying from many sources is better than all in one. but any one knows of such a all in one material?
  • Options
    Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    a.zid wrote:
    All in one would be a great idea.. I also think studying from many sources is better than all in one. but any one knows of such a all in one material?

Thats whaty im trying t see too I like to tackle 3 different sources
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]