help needed with new exams

mcook76mcook76 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to get some advice from a few people about what track to take. I've worked with Win2K3 server and Xp but have never needed to get certified. Now, I'm thinking about knocking out a few MS exams but I'm not sure which path to take.
On one hand, Win2K3 will be the business platform for a lot of companies for a while. On the other hand, I don't really need to be certified in Win2K3 for my job and I feel like I'm getting a late start on the whole 2K3 track.
I've been thinking 2008 may be the way to go because eventually people will be using it. Correct me if I'm wrong but the following exams will get me to MCITP:EA 70-640,642,643,620,647?

Since I'm starting from the beginning would be any better to get the MCSA2003 and upgrade or just stick with the 2008 path?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    In my opinion, I would start the 2k3 path and then do the upgrades. There are still alot of companies out there using NT4 and 2000 servers, so the 2k3 server still has alot of life in it still.

Not to mention but server 2k8 hasn't been released yet (the beta has, but not the RTM version) and alot of the 2k8 exams haven't been finalised.

If you start now you should (in theory) attain the MCSA 2k3 by this time next year, provided you study well and pass the exams (I'm also taking in to considering that fact that you already work with server 2k3). Then do the upgrade exams then.

And just because your current job doesn't require you to be certified it doesn't mean that your next job doesn't.

-Ken