Options

can I copy a groups permssions??

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi

I have 2 groups one call A and one called B I want to give the same level of access to both groups

is there any way to copy group A and have assume group B assume it's permssions

I know I could nest a group but in this case am just wondering if it is possible to copy a groups access

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I assume that by copying the group you are trying to keep the same permissions you have assigned to files?

Like if group A has access to the HR and DEV share and you want to copy it and make a group B with the same access to the same shares.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    if you need to provide same level of access to A and B why not just make one group and put all users in it? that way you can simplify administration. just my 2 cents. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not possible. Not sure why you'd want to.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    blargoe wrote:
    Not possible. Not sure why you'd want to.

In the end I ended up nesting groups created a domain local group added GG groups into it

I was more curious as I'm trying to restructure a lot of things on the files serer I admin

before all users were in added in and no one was in groups.. I've just started trying to come up with a logical way of organizing the groups.