Options

Current CCNA 640-801 Edition

wanspawnwanspawn Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I just passed my Network+ exam today and I am going to prepare for my CCNA however, I was wondering if anyone knows what the current version of the book I should purchase? I am thinking about getting the one from Todd Lammle CCNA 4th Edition? What would you suggest?

**I know off hand that I will be having problems with subnetting it would be nice to know if there is a book that goes over that thoroughly.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I'm doing CNNA too, but you've got more indepth networking knowledge (Net+) than I do... so you'll probably have fun rather than study. I ordered the CCNA Certification Library Self-Study by Wendell Odom. I've heard from many that it's a very good book. I've actually heard Odom's books are the best on the subject.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Todd Lammle has always been the author for CCNA books. But I too heard a lot of good things about Wendell Odom. I usually favor Cisco press books when it comes to Cisco exams, but Sybex books for Cisco exams are usually top-quality as well. If you got the chance, go to a local bookstore that sells both, read a couple of pages from both books and decide which author's writing style suits you best. As for technical content, including subnetting, it really doesn't matter much.