computer stupidity - post it here

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
i cant log in to friendster! - look at the address and it says freindster icon_eek.gif

the internet is very slow !- i checked and see its ok. he might be thinking its like! tv power on and select channel then its there like lightning. icon_rolleyes.gif

the keypad is not working! - looked and see numlock is off icon_mad.gif

Customer: can u pls help me create an email.
ME: yes mam no problem
email account created...she log on succesfully using her new account.

next day woman came and log in to her account but she cant login . i tried to resolve the problem only to discover she dont know her password and username.. i told her you should have memorize your username and password.

customer: NO! you should have keep it for us ! icon_eek.gif

customer: can u print this page it says unprintable page!

Customer: hey i cant wear this headset! its falling! ---- check and see the band is wrong way up

Customer: i send email to my boy friend but Daemon emailed me back saying email not sent. Who is daemon? is it you!? (she look so confuse and it makes me think shes thinking of a satanic message) icon_eek.gificon_twisted.gif

Man: i just receive an email from a woman.her email add is hottiegirl@xxxxx.com. i keep replying to her but it seems she dont get my messages.

Me: sir i think its an advertisement

Man: no i think somethings wrong with your computers and you should fix it now!

(he looks so nervous and excited) icon_lol.gif i just told him to try it on another caffe coz i dont have the time fix the pc's now. icon_twisted.gif
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Keep in mind, that these sorts of questions keep a lot of people employed. icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can you put a copy of the Internet on disk for me? That was a couple years ago

Is this the latest version of the internet? I guess related to AOL and their "versions"

Is a CompUSA mousepad compatible with a Microsoft Mouse? I still use this one in retail electronic stores

There are tons.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dtlokee wrote:
    Is a CompUSA mousepad compatible with a Microsoft Mouse? I still use this one in retail electronic stores

That's awesome. I don't think I could pull it off with a straight face though.

My biggest pet peeve is when users seemingly go out of their way to make things as cumbersome as possible. Now I don't expect regular users to memorize a bunch of obscure shortcut keys or anything like that, but most of this stuff is just a severe lack of thought. For example, I have one user who will right-click and choose "open" on every folder. I've had to endure this for close to 15 minutes on several occasions as she looked for files. I sometimes slip in, "You know, you can just double click on them, right?" She says she knows, but she's just stuck in her ways or something. Drives me insane. She also calls me to change the batteries in her "mousy thing" when it dies.

The other thing that's sad is someone who's borderline knowledgeable. I was wearing this shirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/38db/ at Office Max one day, and one of the guys knew just enough to know that it had a meaning, so he asked what it was. He said he was sorry for asking.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had a women complain that her wireless keyboard/mouse weren't working. Turned out, she had cut the cables off her PS/2 keyboard and mouse thinking they would become wireless.

Had a man come to me with a laptop that was infested with malware, and he bragged about all the **** sites he visited. icon_rolleyes.gif

A week later he came back with the same, malware-infested machine and said it was my fault. ugh

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    KGhaleon wrote:
    A week later he came back with the same, malware-infested machine and said it was my fault. ugh

KG

this one ticks me off a bit....been there icon_confused.gif

My other favorite - is a user who uses their optical drive like their a DJ and burns it out from excessive use.....then wants me to spec him something that will 'last'. When you play music non-stop 8-12hours a day 7 days a week....the drive will give out at some point.

I even called several of the MFG's (only had two willing to talk) to say that they are just not rated for that sort of use (which we knew, but needed something concrete for the client). I offered to buy hiim a portable player but he wouldn't have it.

Now I just allow at least 1 replacement in my quoted costs per year for him. As well as everytime he mentions it....offering the portable player ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I recently helped a co-worker spec a machine for her daughter. Unit arrives via UPS, she hooked it up but won't turn on. She calls tech support but he couldn't help her get it going. He says send it back. Co-worker asks me to help her pack it up because she has already thrown packing material away. I tell her I want to see the unit before she returns it (I fell responsible because she purchased the unit on my recommendation).

She brings me the machine. I plug it in and turn it on. Works great. Come to find out, she was pressing the reset button and thought it was the power button.

I just couldn't believe that telephone tech support couldn't figure this one out on the phone. icon_lol.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/