Options

problems with new dual monitors

garycrawforda1garycrawforda1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today we replaced our CRT dual monitors with new anolog flat screens. A couple of the stations worked fine but the rest only one monitor will work.
Anyone have any suggestions, other than spelling.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    Swap monitors and determine if the problem is the monitor/cable or the dual-head graphics card. If it's the card, make sure you have the latest drivers installed and can see the second monitor in the display settings. If necessary, swap cards to check for a bad card.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Today we replaced our CRT dual monitors with new anolog flat screens. A couple of the stations worked fine but the rest only one monitor will work.
    Anyone have any suggestions, other than spelling.

Not Worked as in how?

- Completely dead (no vendor screen appears)
    - Not working because the settings were not correct?
    - Missing a driver?
    - Check Cables/Monitor as JD stated...it should be pretty clear on boot if you can see the POST on both...probably a simple setting. If you don't, it may be physical (card, monitor, cable, power...(Not trying to insult you, but I've seen a tech NOT plug the power cord in and another time not plug the monitor into the card because he couldn't find the adapter) etc..)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?