Options

is this normal?

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
gmail.jpg

i got this message when i tried to open my gmail inbox. im new to it and this one looks suspicious. then why use the word grr! icon_confused.gif
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    were you trying to open something like calendar or docs?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    Try a different Web browser, like FireFox or Opera, and see if the message still appears. I've used Gmail for years and have never seen this message. It might be spyware trying to infect your computer.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    A message starting with "Grrrr"??? I'd check for some malware.

I've used Gmail for a couple years now too and haven't run into any problems like that.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...I've been drinking and I thought that the image was a pop-up on my computer.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    jarjar wrote:

Same here. I was like what the???? Not legit for sure. "Grrrrr" ??????
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Guys. Seriously, do some research before declaring it malware. It isn't.

Google -> I'm feeling lucky

http://www.intelliot.com/blog/archives/2005/10/22/popup-blocker-may-be-preventing-gmail-from-opening-the-page/
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    blargoe wrote:

Google -> I'm feeling lucky

http://www.intelliot.com/blog/archives/2005/10/22/popup-blocker-may-be-preventing-gmail-from-opening-the-page/

I didn't 'declare' it malware, I posted my initial thoughts. And while I can certainly use Google to research that message.....the original poster likely could have done the same. When someone posts a comment such as above it's not up for the members to do all the legwork....starting with simple google searches. I would have hoped he had started there before the post. Since my experience with Gmail for 2 years now has been flawless....it didn't look like a message that would post from G-mail, but instead looked like a hoax.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    jarjar wrote:
    Same here. I was like what the???? Not legit for sure. "Grrrrr" ??????

icon_wink.gif

i already read about the link you gave but im still not sure and still having some doubts icon_confused.gif . i opened my inbox this morning and it opened flawlessly without the pop up. it was yahoo's pop blocker whos blocking my gmail inbox (yesterday). but now as ive said its working fine. but question is why would gmail choose a word like "grrr".
    I didn't 'declare' it malware, I posted my initial thoughts. And while I can certainly use Google to research that message.....the original poster likely could have done the same. When someone posts a comment such as above it's not up for the members to do all the legwork....starting with simple google searches. I would have hoped he had started there before the post. Since my experience with Gmail for 2 years now has been flawless....it didn't look like a message that would post from G-mail, but instead looked like a hoax.

Sorry for the confusions i brought here in the forum. But im pretty sure anyone who got this message will jump into conclusion because of the word "grrr". Honestly i really did not try to search google or any search engines about this.... But i believe posting in a forum is one form of searching. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "Grrr" probably refers to the fact that you're using a pop up blocker other than the one integrated into the google toolbar icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, that's Google's own message that comes up when a pop-up blocker is keeping Gmail from opening a new window. Until I set the IE pop-up blocker and the Google Toolbar to allow pop-ups with Gmail, I see that all the time.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.