Options

passed security+

slayer3slayer3 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today with a scroe of 825. I was really nervous with this test due to the broad range of topics involved. Some things I did encounter I did not expect was I had 10 multiple choice questions, questions that were worded "choose the BEST answer". I did have a question on LINUX which I was clueless on and a UNIX question. Overall most questions were pretty straight forward.

This is what I used to study:

Sybex 3rd editon Security+, this book I liked and it was easy to read. It does lack some depth on subjects.

Syngress Security+, this is a monster of a book but goes in depth and you could get by with just using this book. I read through it 3 times.

Wiley Security+ prep guide, this book I did not like and tried reading it but just bored me. I did not end up using the book.

All in one security+ by Gregory White, I read some of this but again the book bored me so I did not end up using this one either.

CBT Nuggets and LearnKey Security+, these do not go as in depth as a book but they are a nice change of pace from reading a book, plus at times I remember things better verbally.

Technotes from this site, this is actually what I carried with me to study before the test. I read the notes in the parking lot to help jog my memory and a lot of what I read in the notes was on the test.

And of course omega3 foods, I have been eating salmon and sardines for 2 weeks straight, I heard it is good for your memory. :P

I am going to take a week off then I am going to start on my MCDST.

Comments