Options

CCNP

StealthStealth Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I'm new here but I have gotten a warm welcome already. I started out today with my first post sharing that I sat for the CCNA 640-801 today and passed with a score of 923. No I'm looking forward to the CCNP. Can anyone share some insight on where I need to start and some good material to get ready for the CCNP.

I'm sure I'm going to have alot of question, so I'll be reaching out to all you good teachers.

Can someone give me and insight on what to expect while getting ready for the CCNP.

Thanks

Stealth

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is this the same stealth from DSLR?

Welcome to the forums !
  • Options
    Thanks and looking forward to learning as much as possible.
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know your background with Cisco equipment but as for myself I have worked mostly with switches and my weakest area is routing, so for me I'm gonna build on the routing that I have learned with the CCNA and try to pass the BSCI exam first. If you want to focus more on switching the BCMSN would be the place to start, I already have some routers at home so I'm gonna hold off on the BCMSN for now and as said go for the BSCI.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm thinking BSCI is the route I will go first. I have in my home lab at this time the following:

1 Pix 515 Firewall
    1 Cisco 2621 Router
    4 Cisco 2501 Routers
    4 Cisco 1900 Switches

Time to get busy !!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stealth wrote:
    Can someone give me and insight on what to expect while getting ready for the CCNP.
    But if we told you the truth, then we might scare you away. icon_lol.gif

I think it all comes down to long nights studying and as much hands-on practice as you can get. For the people who like videos/CBT you could toss in a Friday CBTNugget/Trainsignal "movie night" as a "break" from all the other study.

It's always best to use multiple source -- and where there aren't both the Cisco Press Self Study Books and a Cisco Press Exam Certification Guides for the exam, hit the CCNP Exam pages to see if you're comfortable with all the exam topics. Then hit the Cisco Documention and any of the suggested links in the books to plug any knowledge gaps.

A slow and steady approach always beats the fast an furious method of study -- plus you get better long term knowledge retention.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I enjoy my CBT Tuesday movie nights! :D