Options

Another one who failed

Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_sad.gif . Well, I tried. I went to the test center and the place was a ****... The monitors were REALLY old CRTs that flicker and made my eyes tear (literally). The people there were unfriendly and there were 4 other guys there... Everyone taking the exam was nervous and well - nobody passed lol. I got the worst score in Cisco history... I studied a great deal and when I sat down - my mind went BLANK! I couldn't even remember Extended Access-list commands. I totally wiped out on anything OSPF related, and to top it off, I choked up on VLANs.... The only good thing I did was subnetting!!! But that's ok, I got over it once I saw the score... 669.... oh well... I'm going to spend a month off of Cisco, grab all the equipment and 802 reading materials and start from SCRATCH, as if I didn't even know what Cisco was... Hopefully I will pass in January!

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that, it's a tough test. Atleast now you know what the exam is like and you have the score report to guide you.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, you're right. I let the "nervousness" get to me... How sad is it that I only took about 40 minutes for the test...? Started at 8:00pm and ended around 8:36pm. Got home at 9pm lol
  • Options
    netm8krnetm8kr Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad peeps. I failed it for the "4th" time yesterday. I did come close though. I went from a 670 (3rd time), to a 809 yesterday. I too ended up tanking the MODERATED sim. I made sure that I had studied it intensely, but still forgot stuff. I ended up redoing it at least 3 times. However, I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I did that the third testing, and didn't complete the test.

Here is my cumulative scores from yesterday:
    91% Planning & Designing
    91% Implementation and Operation
    61% Troubleshooting
    53% Technology

Oh well, I guess i better get the 802 info and study it. I plan on passing before the EOY.

Stay Positive.. We'll Get It.
    "The Internet is the best thing since sliced bread"...
  • Options
    andytandyt Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    took mine on Saturday got a 732, disappointed with that, totally messed up the sims though, MODERATED and MODERATED, total blanks felt okay with the questions.

the time really gets to you, with the clock ticking.
    i was sat there looking at one sim for 10 minutes trying to work out what to do icon_sad.gif

gonna take a week off, have ordered Sybex Lammie for 802 and will try and pass before Christmas

remember you will pass one day!
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kcolon1

hey dont feel bad. during my exam on Monday, I took it but the test stopped half way through
    i had to get the attendent and she said what is going on? She called Cisco and they say
    too bad; and gave me a new voucher for the 802. but I was pissed and emotionally
    upset!. The test I thought was better than Microsofts. Atleast real world examples somewhat.
    I had 25 question done and a 645 score with 25 questions and 28 or 29 questions to go.
    The lady and Instructors said I would have passed provided I did well on the last 28 questions.
    I know I would have. I studied under and will continue to study under

thebryantadvantage.com
    chris bryant the instructor is awesome!
    i can do binary and subnetting in my sleep! he teaches it in away that is so easy.
    will blow you away
    if you go to him tell hime Robert van dyke (itdaddy)sent me!
    he will knwo who i am!
    but yeah, dont feel bad! at least you got to see an exam. good for you man!
    "better to try and fail than to never try at all!"
    many great people have failed many times butu noone knows they did!
    you can do it!
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    netm8kr

you know 4th time what Balls you have man! wow! you know it says alot about those who
    try and try...you have heart and you can teach any anything but to have a heart to never give up who can duplicate that! wow!
    man never give up never!
    you will make it!
    wow!
  • Options
    mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    netm8kr wrote:
    Don't feel bad peeps. I failed it for the "4th" time yesterday. I did come close though. I went from a 670 (3rd time), to a 809 yesterday. I too ended up tanking the MODERATED sim. I made sure that I had studied it intensely, but still forgot stuff. I ended up redoing it at least 3 times. However, I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I did that the third testing, and didn't complete the test.

91% Planning & Designing
    61% Troubleshooting
    53% Technology

Oh well, I guess i better get the 802 info and study it. I plan on passing before the EOY.

809 club checking in

I clammed up to, my VERY FIRST question was the damn SIM. I had no idea how long or what sort of questions they'd be asking me, so I had no idea what type of time management I had to do, and they pop a sim on me #1. I was furious.

And the fact that I couldn't get the sim working and spent 20 minutes on it just made it worse, after that point I completely brain farted how to subnet.

Crazy scores though, mine were

83%
    66%
    77%
    61%
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Guys,

I wish you the best of luck on the 802..... Remember never give up!!!!! You will all get it soon enough remember success doesn't come overnight..... Stick at it and when you do see that pass mark all the sacrifices you made along the way will seem worth it!!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    rotoruaguyrotoruaguy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man, I know all too well, I just did my 802 exam and got around the 600's. I got to the access list commands and went blank as well. Only me to blame as im studying it all off books. I have just got the real routers and switches together ( just missing a DTE-DCE cable now) great fun!!! Just keep going and dont give up!
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Man, after hearing about everyone failing lately. I am going to give myself 2 more months of studying. I want to pass on my first try. 125 dollars isn't chicken scratch. LOL
  • Options
    netm8krnetm8kr Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Peeps, :D

That means alot. As of late, I had to take a semi-break from studying. Yeah, it was tough on me. I do know that I will pass this test. But, only when its my time. I also put an enormous amount of pressure on myself. I was trying to pass, before the test changed. So I guess, it's meant for me to pass the new test now. I've gotten back on the study horse this week.

I have coworkers who passed it on the first try. They don't even appreciate what they accomplished. So, I just take it all in stride.

I'm doing this for personal gratification. They did it to get new jobs. I do plan to use this to further my career. Although, it means more to me than just a bargaining chip. I am basically, reviving a stagnant career.

I do plan on climbing high up the Cisco Cert Chart, but steps are taken one at a time.
    So to all my fellow cert seekers, keep the faith. We will get there together.

Peace... Netm8kr
    "The Internet is the best thing since sliced bread"...
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Kcolon1 wrote:
    icon_sad.gif . Well, I tried. I went to the test center and the place was a ****... The monitors were REALLY old CRTs that flicker and made my eyes tear (literally). The people there were unfriendly and there were 4 other guys there... Everyone taking the exam was nervous and well - nobody passed lol. I got the worst score in Cisco history... I studied a great deal and when I sat down - my mind went BLANK! I couldn't even remember Extended Access-list commands. I totally wiped out on anything OSPF related, and to top it off, I choked up on VLANs.... The only good thing I did was subnetting!!! But that's ok, I got over it once I saw the score... 669.... oh well... I'm going to spend a month off of Cisco, grab all the equipment and 802 reading materials and start from SCRATCH, as if I didn't even know what Cisco was... Hopefully I will pass in January!

Kcolon1,

Which exam did you take?
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks for this post...I had taken the exam twice...and failed. I was going to try and push for the 801...but changed my mind and decided to just learn the new material. My first test started out with a sim...I froze...the second time I was 'ready to knock the test to the ground' icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif but wound up dropping points on one that I was high in the test prior icon_sad.gif either way the scores were so embarrassing I wanted to find another test center icon_eek.gif . In any case, I have the new material, picked up a lap-top, found the local library, and there I will be, until there is a pass - icon_cool.gif ...this means too much for me....and trying to get hired.
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    mrj wrote:
    netm8kr wrote:

91% Planning & Designing
    61% Troubleshooting
    53% Technology

809 club checking in

I clammed up to, my VERY FIRST question was the damn SIM. I had no idea how long or what sort of questions they'd be asking me, so I had no idea what type of time management I had to do, and they pop a sim on me #1. I was furious.

And the fact that I couldn't get the sim working and spent 20 minutes on it just made it worse, after that point I completely brain farted how to subnet.

Crazy scores though, mine were

83%
    66%
    77%
    61%

Speaking of sims, the last time I took the test - BANG! - I got a sim right off. It was MODERATED sim, and I think I did good on it; then very next question - BANG! - another sim! I only had two in the entire test and they were the very first questions, if you can believe that. At least the rest of the test was downhill (I finished the test with 26 minutes left over - I astonished even myself).
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't let it get you down, always pay attention to the details on the exam, focus. One word could make big difference!
    icon_eek.gificon_jokercolor.gificon_eek.gif
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Speaking of sims, the last time I took the test - BANG! - I got a sim right off. It was MODERATED sim, and I think I did good on it; then very next question - BANG! - another sim! I only had two in the entire test and they were the very first questions, if you can believe that. At least the rest of the test was downhill (I finished the test with 26 minutes left over - I astonished even myself).

I took the test last year, but my next-to-last question was a sim. There I was, 6 minutes left in the exam for the final 2 questions, feeling good, then - SIM! I worked as fast as I could, but I had to punt and move on to the final question with 30 seconds left. And that one was a 'choose 2' question! When I clicked on the second answer, the box popped up telling me I was out of time - I don't even know if the final question counted. I passed, but really would have liked 5 more minutes so I could finish that sim. That exam was the only standardized test I have ever taken where I ran out of time.

My instructor was taking the new BSCI exam so he could qualify to teach the new material the same time I was taking my 801. Afterwards, I was standing around whining about getting a sim on the next to last question when my instructor told us that he got a sim on his last question. Now that's just mean.